At Sharkmob we enjoy playing games, and we love making games. For this QA role we are looking for someone who shares our passion and can help us achieve the highest standard of quality for our games. As a Quality Analyst you will make sure that the game is properly tested as well as identify, reproduce, and regress bugs. You will also help collect feedback from external players by facilitating test sessions with our user research department. Using your communication skills and out-of-the-box thinking, you will help anticipate and keep major issues from occurring whenever possible.
What you'll do:
- Come up with creative testing scenarios and methodologies.
- Write test cases, organize QA tasks, and document testing processes and procedures.
- Coordinate testing with external FQA teams on the features you will oversee from a quality perspective.
- Organize and prioritize bugs.
- Perform hands on testing of your features in game and report the issues you discover.
- Follow up with thorough regression testing on bugs reported in your areas.
- Assist with submissions to first-party platforms and services such as PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, etc.
- Provide qualitative feedback on the state of the game and recommend potential solutions for areas that you are directly responsible for testing.
Desired experience and skills:
- Demonstrable testing experience, 1-3 years working as a QC/QA or a similar role, previous experience in gaming industry is a big plus.
- Experience with games and game engines, content & asset editors, software tools, and shared technologies will be an asset.
- Proficiency in defect tracking tools and planning such as JIRA.
- Familiar with common development tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands and requests.
- Involved in shipping at least one AAA game or an indie game project (or a software project of similar magnitude).
- You are a Vampire: The Masquerade nerd.
Before applying, please consider writing a cover letter, we would like to hear about you, what motivates and drives you. Do you like kitbashing? Are you a professional fussball player? Got a favorite meme to share? Let us know about that too!