Who we are
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles. The first being a battle royale twist on Vampire: The Masquerade. Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Environment Team
The Environment Team is a group working closely with all creative and technical aspects of the project. The goal is to draw players into our game worlds with huge artistic impact. They have a passion for creating cutting edge AAA environments that fully leverage what is possible with modern toolsets and hardware.
What you will do
- Create inspiring game environments that capture our players imaginations.
- Be proactive and work collaboratively with the wider team to drive our project forwards with exciting ideas.
- Continue to develop the skills of yourself and those around you.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop and maintain a consistent visual direction.
Who you are
- Proven environment skills with an accompanying portfolio.
- Solid understanding of modern toolsets and techniques.
- Enjoys working with a team of creatives.
- Is excited to learn and grow as an artist
- A passion for problem solving.
- Passionate in creating and playing games.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- How to create cutting edge AAA game environments.
- How to collaborate effectively within a AAA game development team.
- How to make the most of modern toolsets.
- An understanding of how your personal work fits into a grand project vision.
- How best to use an established Art Direction to inform the work you create.
- What is involved in creating suitable artwork for established environment content pipelines.
- What the game development process looks like from start to finish.
- How to improve your core artistic skills and ultimately become an even better artist!