Who we are
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which is a new IP that will be developed in London. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Engineering Team
The Engineering Team is a multi-disciplinary group working across all thing’s technology, we collaborate closely with Design, Narrative and Art to bring to life world class interactive experiences. We are passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence as well as pushing the boundaries of what is possible with new and innovative solutions.
What you will do
- Work across disciplines to formulate a coherent plan around server backend infrastructure delivery and quality.
- Work closely with the Technical Director to develop studio wide technology strategies and processes.
- Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance to deliver a robust, highly scalable microservice based architecture.
- Liaise with other disciplines to reduce friction and streamline iteration and productivity.
- Continued research of current and cutting-edge techniques to acquire the knowledge necessary to maintain the technological evolution of the game.
- Drive engineering excellence and high quality across our codebase.
- Mentor and encourage the development of your team and those around you.
- Work closely with the production team and directors group to inform our project timelines.
Who you are
- You have strong practical knowledge of distributed systems and scalable architecture fundamentals (including performance, consistency, communication models, etc).
- Proficient using C++ and C#.
- Experienced with cloud-hosted infrastructure automation.
- Proficient with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experienced with REST services.
- You thrive on ambiguity and coming up with solutions to abstract problems.
- You are a great communicator that loves to collaborate within your team and across disciplines.
- You are a natural leader that loves to support and get the best out of the people around you.
- You have a real passion for online games.
What you will learn
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That’s why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Building cutting edge, AAA, large scale online game experiences.
- Creating solutions integrated with the latest Unreal Engine technology.
- Driving technological solutions and processes that have impact across the entire studio.
- Building and developing a team from the ground up with tailored processes.
- Continued involvement in games industry cutting edge technology evaluation and development.