At Sharkmob we enjoy playing games, and we love making games. For this QA role we are looking for someone who shares our passion and can help us achieve the highest standard of quality for our games. What makes working with Quality Assurance so fun?
"I love working in QA because it's one of the job families that allows you to be in touch with the game we're making on a daily basis. We get to experience what the end user does, and from that position we can help developers improve that experience, not just by finding bugs but also by preventing them and providing feedback on how things "feel" and "play"." - Alex, QA Lead.
As a Quality Analyst you will make sure that the game is properly tested as well as identify, reproduce, and regress bugs. You will also help collect feedback from external players by facilitating test sessions with our user research department. Using your communication skills and out-of-the-box thinking, you will help anticipate and keep major issues from occurring whenever possible. We are looking for someone who has a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands and requests. It’s a plus if you are a Vampire: The Masquerade fan!
Requirements and desired skills:
- 2 -3 years of professional experience working as a QC/QA or similar role, previous experience in the games industry is a big plus.
- Proficiency in defect tracking tools and planning such as JIRA.
- Familiar with common development tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Involved in shipping at least one game (or a software project of similar magnitude).
- Experience with games and game engines, content & asset editors, software tools, and shared technologies will be an asset.
This position is permanent and based in our studio in Malmö. Before applying, please consider writing a cover letter, we would like to hear about you, what motivates and drives you. Do you like kitbashing? Are you a professional fussball player? Got a favorite meme to share? Let us know about that too!