At Sharkmob we enjoy playing video games, and we love making video games. For this QA role we would like to welcome someone that shares the same passion as us. Someone that would help us achieving the highest standards of quality for our games. Working as a quality analyst with us is not just about finding and reporting bugs, but also inspiring the people around us, and whenever possible prevent major issues from happening through excellent communication and proactiveness.
We are looking for someone organized and meticulous, who has the ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands and requests. It’s a plus if you’re a gamer, even better if you are a “Vampire: The Masquerade” universe aficionado!
- Prepare test plans, write QA tasks, and organize test cases.
- Review and prioritize bugs, create Jira dashboards displaying relevant information for every team you will be supporting in this role.
- Perform hands-on testing and gain advanced knowledge over features and areas that you will have ownership of from a QA perspective.
- Follow up with thorough regression testing on bugs reported in your areas and investigate issues with difficult reproduction steps.
- Write documentation and coordinate testing efforts with our external FQA teams.
- Assist with planning and logistics for internal and external user experience playtests.
- Provide qualitative feedback, engage with stakeholders, and ensure we focus our efforts to verify the game quality where it matters the most.
- Demonstrable experience with testing, 3-5 years working with quality control/quality assurance or a similar role.
- Previous employment in the gaming industry is a big plus.
- Experience with testing multiplayer or coop games, familiarity with network and connectivity testing.
- Proficiency in defect tracking tools and planning such as JIRA, Confluence, Xray Jira plug-in and Trello.
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills, capable of summarizing complex subjects to technical and non-technical team representatives.
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies.
- Familiarity with common development tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Solid understanding of live game development cycles and a familiarity with game engines and dev tools.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.