As a Senior Concept Artist you will work directly with our Art Director, our interdisciplinary teams, and other internal and external creators to set the artistic tone and vision for one of our games. For this position we believe that you have an exceptional skill in communicating an artistic vision, both written and verbally. You are good at time management and have high interpersonal skills with experience working with AAA games. Bust most of all, you have a passion for playing and making games!
You´ll help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art, key art & style guides for marketing and third-party development. Other tasks include working with storyboards, matte paintings and plates for backdrops in levels and cut scenes plus style guides for outsourcing briefs.
As a person you are a team player, while you take ownership, responsibility, drive the work and are reliable in your delivery. You act with seniority, in behavior and structure. Coaching peers, and to share your knowledge are a natural part of your personality.
- Excellent traditional art skills with an eye for atmospheric, perspective, color, and lighting, and the ability to use these skills to properly portray the mood of the concept
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop or other digital painting tools as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques
- The ability to understand and spread the vision of the art director while still considering the constraints of art style, gameplay and technical possibilities
- Intermediate typography and graphic design knowledge
- 3+ years industry AAA experience
- Experience with Maya, Zbrush, Sketchup or other 3D content packages
- Exceptional character concept skills
- Exceptional environmental concept skills
- Familiarity with video game product development including workflow, tools, limits of technology, character turnarounds, storyboarding, marketing material and graphic design