We are building a completely new world, and as our art team is growing bigger we need an experienced and passionate prop art lead! What is so special about being a lead at Sharkmob you ask?
"Overall Sharkmob is fostering a close collaboration between teams, so enjoying collaboration is key. On another note, everyone that has joined is always surprised by how pleasant it is to work here - and I couldn't agree more". - Roman, Art lead
Who are you?
As a lead, you embrace our working culture and strive to create a fun and balanced working environment for your team. We trust you to be a mentor for juniors and a sounding board for others - spread your knowledge! You will be working closely with the team to make sure we achieve the best quality in terms of visuals, playability and performance - only the best is good enough for you!
What you will do
- Create inspiring prop art that capture our players imaginations.
- Collaborate with the tech teams to define and maintain prop art content pipelines and work.
- Communicate between Sharkmob and outsourced environment artists working with us.
- Be proactive and work collaboratively with the extended team to drive our project forwards with exciting ideas.
- Delegate and prioritize tasks.
- Continuously develop your skills and the skills of those around you.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop and maintain a consistent visual direction.
- Work closely with the production team to inform our project timelines.
- Guide and mentor your team members on an everyday basis, but also setting up 1:1 meetings continuously.
- Focus on hard surface modeling and the latest procedural pipelines.
- Shipped at least one AAA game from end-to-end as Senior or Lead Prop Artist.
- Directly or indirectly led art teams.
- Deep understanding of modern toolsets and techniques.
- Comfortable working with other disciplines to define pipelines.
- Experience and comfort setting up and running outsourcing arrangements.
- A passion for problem solving and driving innovation.
- Passionate in creating and playing games.
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.