Have you been working with developing game engines or rendering features for a long time, and now you are looking for new opportunities to apply your passion and grow?
Look no further!
We are expanding our engine team to meet our ambitions, working on three separate games for PC and next-gen consoles. Our goal is to deliver games filled with impressive technology, art and gameplay, whilst nurturing the well-being and growth of all our staff. We pride ourselves on having a great environment for collaboration, with a high degree of autonomy and ownership, while striving to be the best game company one could work for.
We are working with UE4, but while UE4 is a feature-rich and established engine, our games require something more. Your task would be to improve the existing functionality and framework in UE4, using the existing technology to implement new and alternative features to further improve the engine for our purposes. During the development, we have managed to keep the engine up-to-date with the latest releases, which means that while Epic work on the basic features, we can focus on pushing the technology even further.
Some examples of features that we are focusing on are:
- Next-gen console development
- Modern lighting and other rendering features
- Asset and large-scale world streaming
- Memory and asset management
- Improved concurrency
- Heavy GPU and CPU optimization
As you can see, there's plenty of work needed to be done, which leaves an abundance of opportunities to grow, and you'd be expected to take ownership of key areas straight away.
Desired experience and skills:
- At least 6 years of experience, focusing on game engine or renderer development.
- Great C++ and shader programmer.
- A good understanding of how to design, implement, and work in a feature rich game engine.
- Knowledgeable of how modern rendering pipelines and techniques work.
- Well versed in modern lighting techniques, both dynamic and static.
- A solid understanding of how to safely and efficiently run tasks concurrently.
- A deep understanding of how the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One works.
- Shipped minimum one game for PC and console.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with other development disciplines.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience from PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X development.
- Deep understanding of concurrency and how to optimize it, both on the CPU and GPU.
Experience working with any of the following:
- Memory management
- Ray Tracing
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.