Sharkmob is looking for a Game Designer to join us at our studio in Malmö, Sweden. You will work together with a multidisciplinary team to design, implement, and iterate on progression and monetization systems for our Battle Royale game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.
At Sharkmob we value teamwork, trust, motivation and setting colleagues up for success. We believe that is key to making great games and creating a healthy work environment. Since we strive to empower our developers, there will be plenty of opportunities to make your mark and effect the way we work.
- Driving the design and development of the economy related features of a live game.
- Taking a player-first approach to progression and monetization, making sure that players are appropriately rewarded for the time, effort, and money they put into the game.
- Designing and balancing quantitative systems that provide an excellent experience for our players while remaining sustainable.
- Maintaining and improving live systems, such as the in-game store and events.
- Collaborating with other departments such as Sales and Marketing, to make sure that we meet business needs and KPIs.
- Designing and using telemetry to make sure that the features you work on achieves the intended results.
- Keeping an eye on trends and industry best-practices within game monetization to inform your work.
- Proven experience of working with monetization/game economy in a design role.
- Experience from working on a F2P and/or live game.
- Experience from working with telemetry data.
- A passion for translating numbers into great player experiences – and back again.
- Understanding of player psychology, motivational models and how they relate to game economy design.
- Proficiency with tools for modelling and balancing quantitative design, such as Excel.
- Good writing, and visual communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with scripting, especially using Python or an equivalent language.
That little extra:
- You think vampires are pretty cool.
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.