"The most important thing is to start thinking completely differently, what is: fun, engaging, hard, anxious and scary. It is all about the experience in the game. The challenge as a UX designer in the gaming industry is that it is more than taking the user from A to B in a quick and easy way. Sometimes it should not be easy and fast." - Jan Andresen, Senior UX designer, answering the question "What challenges did you experience as a UX designer in the games industry".
As our UX designer, you will help define internal processes and evangelize UX! Since this is a new and growing team, you will help educate developers, designers, and managers on what UX is all about. One of your main responsibilities will be to increase UX understanding and skills, driving the discipline forward.
You will work closely with our UI and UR teams, learning how they work, and through that knowledge be able to iterate design and continuously help to evolve the game. You will be collaborating closely with other departments and stakeholders as well.
- Stay up to date on competitor products, latest UX/UI trends, and best practices.
- Explore, and analyze UX best practices.
- Own the player experience for features throughout the full development life cycle.
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring consistency, simplicity, and always put the user in the center of products.
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to everyone at Sharkmob.
- Drive the design and development of gameplay features in the game.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops.
As a person, you are open to change and willing to lead the change you want to see! Always eager to learn new things, try new ways of working and share your knowledge with other people. Naturally, you have a true passion for games and UX, keeping yourself updated with the latest trends thanks to your network within the UX community.
- Relevant bachelor's (Interaction design, human computer interaction, information science, human factors, or related field). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience from working with accessibility (WCAG, CVAA).
- Cross-platform experience working with designing for multiple platforms.
- You have a good understanding of product specifications and user psychology.
- Ecommerce experience and a good grasp on analyst tools such as Google Analytics and/or Tableau.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- You have experience working with features from idea to design, implementation, and balancing.
That little extra:
- Knowledge of, and an interest in free-to-play best- practices.
- Experience from working with live games.
- Design work experience from the game industry.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.