Sharkmob is setting out on an epic journey and we are in an expansive phase, as we are both growing in Malmö and building our new studio in London. Under the leadership of our IT Manager Niklas Dahlberg, we will create a world-class IT team that can support the business from an IT perspective, and we need a skilled Network Technician to work with network development and maintenance.
We believe you are a problem-solver and have an ability to promptly troubleshoot issues to ensure that computers and network equipment are always up. It’s important that you enjoy working with different tasks and are able to structure your own work in an efficient way. You should know what to prioritize and when, which means that you are constantly moving forward in your work. We are looking for a true team player who delivers end-user support with a smile and is skilled in explaining technical issues to colleagues who may not have a tech background.
- Install, operate, maintain, upgrade, and fix computers and network equipment.
- Manage new office rollout from a network perspective; stage and install on-site.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, firewalls, load balancers hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Provide formal corporate communication on directional changes or changes that will impact existing services.
- Design our network to optimize performance.
- Oversee network lifecycle management and capacity planning.
- Perform failover testing and disaster recovery planning.
- As you’ll be the only network technician, end-user support will occur.
- 4+ years in a dedicated network administration or engineering role.
- 3+ years with HPE/Aruba WLAN infrastructure.
- 2+ years with Fortigate Firewall experience.
That little extra:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or related field), or equivalent work experience.
- Vendor certifications (HPE/Aruba, Cisco, Fortigate).
Location of Role
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden and is open to all applicants with intention to relocate as soon as possible. Business travel may occur.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.