Located in the heart of the city, Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio with aspirations to become one of the most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Founded by a core team of industry veterans and supported by the wider Sharkmob team in Malmö, we have the experience, drive, and backing to build games that will change the world.
The team is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be an early member of one of the UK’s biggest gaming start-ups and help shape the future of the studio.
We are looking for an accomplished and independent User Research Lead to establish a world-class usability lab capable of delivering critical insights into how players experience our games.
The right candidate will be comfortable owning the operational life-cycle of the user research lab, working alongside a cross-discipline team to define creative strategies and efficient processes that deliver high-impact studies. You will be the champion for user research within the studio, using your influence to drive a wide appreciation of usability, ensuring analysis is understood and correctly represented during game development.
What you will do
- Recognize and translate game development questions into impactful user research studies.
- Validate player experience preferences through usability studies, expert reviews, and playtests.
- Analyze and present usability study results in the form of conclusions and recommendations.
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of user research specialists and administration experts.
- Establish, supervise and review the day-to-day operations of the user research lab.
- Be an ambassador for user research and the benefits it delivers during game development.
Who you are
- A track record of ownership and hands-on execution of usability studies for creative products.
- Previous participation in user research for games or a deep understanding of play behaviors.
- A significant and broad understanding of user research methodology, principles, and heuristics.
- An appreciation for the best practices and operational necessities for running a user research lab.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- A history of leadership, management, or mentorship of other user research professionals.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.