Do you consider yourself to be an artist who thrives in a collaborative environment? Then look no further! We are looking for a Senior Character Artist with a passion for creating high-quality characters to join our character team. An artist in this position will create assets consistent with the look and feel established by the Art Director, in addition to participating in exploring and researching new pipelines and visuals.
This role offers great creative freedom and ownership, but it also comes with the responsibility of leadership.
- Ensuring the visual excellence of the characters in the finished game.
- Creating high-quality models for real-time rendering, based on the art direction.
- Participating in planning and supervising.
- Critique character art assets and provide concise and constructive feedback internally and externally.
- Work closely with the design department and to ensure the art supports the gameplay.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, proportions, functionality & design.
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person titles.
- Strong proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
- Experience leading and guiding other team members.
- Understands the needs of animation for proper geometry creation & function.
- Able to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Ensure consistency and quality of work.
- Understands the latest game technology and pipelines required for creating AAA-quality characters.
- 4+ years of industry experience and at least one shipped title.
- Must provide an up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates the above skills.
- Traditional sculpting & artistic abilities
- Experience with Substance Designer and Unreal Engine, understanding of node-based shader networks is a plus.
- Ability to propagate learned knowledge to other art team members
- Experience with outsourcing pipelines.
Please make sure to upload a link to your portfolio when sending in your application!
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.