We are making three exciting new games and we are now looking for a Technical Animator who wants to be a part of our upcoming unannounced project.
The project is in a cool and expansive phase and we are looking to add people to the crew who share our values and passion for creating the best games possible. We are a team with high ambitions, so we value smart decisions, creativity, and passion for the craft. At Sharkmob the culture is extremely important and we are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate about their work, and value professionalism. People who can rally behind our guiding principle of “don’t be an asshole”. If you consider yourself to be a Technical Animator that thrives in close collaborations with others - then we are the studio you're looking for.
As a Technical Animator you will:
Set up and maintain character/prop skeletons and rigs in Autodesk Maya. Work with artists to develop models that meet technical requirements. Work with the animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation/gameplay needs. Work with the animation team to improve rigging techniques and animation tools. Develop new techniques and processes to further advance quality/realism. Set up and maintain Control Rig in Unreal Engine for procedural animation. Skinning and giving feedback on outsourced skinning.
- Experience of working on a 3D game from conception to completion.
- Extended rigging knowledge in Maya, including skeleton placement, skinning techniques, IK/FK setup, corrective BlendShape workflow, expressions, and Maya deformers.
- Experience of scripting in Maya.
- Strong understanding of techniques, technologies, and core principles relating to character rigging and animation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take initiative to seek answers and address issues.
- Unreal Engine experience.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Maya API.
- Photorealistic facial expression pipeline experience.
- Understanding of motion capture pipelines and the workflows involved.
- Experience with modeling and animation.
- Familiarity with Control Rig in Unreal engine.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.