Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which is a new IP that will be developed in London. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Engineering Team
The Engineering Team is a multi-disciplinary group working across all things technology, we collaborate closely with Design, Narrative, and Art to bring to life world-class interactive experiences. We are passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence as well as pushing the boundaries of what is possible with new and innovative solutions.
What you will do
- Work closely with the director group and across disciplines to prototype new and innovative ideas by helping bring together physics, animation, controls, and camera.
- Help to develop studio-wide technology strategies and processes.
- Help develop designs and solutions to large-scale gameplay problems in order to facilitate the development of unique and world-class experiences.
- Liaise with other disciplines to reduce friction, streamline iteration and productivity.
- Drive engineering excellence and high quality across our codebase.
- Mentor and encourage the development of your team and those around you.
- Work closely with the production team and directors group to inform our project timelines.
Who you are
- You have shipped at least a AAA title in a senior or lead gameplay role or similar.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ and software architectural skills.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals and mathematics.
- You thrive on ambiguity and coming up with solutions to abstract problems.
- You have a good understanding of modern game engines their architecture and capabilities.
- You have industry-leading knowledge of one or more specialist areas.
- You understand the intricacies and complexities of developing networked games and features.
- You are a great communicator that loves to collaborate within your team and across disciplines.
- You are a natural leader that loves to support and get the best out of the people around you.
- You have a passion for online games.
- A good sense of game design and high quality in gameplay.
What you will learn
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be and that’s why in this role we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Driving technological solutions and processes that have an impact across the entire studio.
- Planning, Design, and Implementation of new and novel solutions to hard-to-solve problems in order to produce unique experiences.
- Continued involvement in industry cutting-edge technology evaluation and development.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.