We are now looking for a Technical Animator to join our newly announced game Bloodhunt set for release in 2021!
At Sharkmob we value having fun at work, shared ownership, and making smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate about their work, and value professionalism. People who can rally behind our guiding principle of “don’t be an asshole”. If you consider yourself to be a Technical Animator that thrives in close collaborations with others - then we are the studio you're looking for.
As a Technical Animator, you will be supporting other departments with anything that moves in our game. You’ll develop, maintain pipelines and tools for rigging and skinning characters in Maya. We are looking for someone who can quickly adapt along the art process and re-iterate until completion, during the upcoming live face of Blood Hunt. You would be working with highly talented and passionate individuals that love making video games. You will also work closely with one or more outsourcing studios that are working on adding content to the game, you will validate their work and provide feedback.
You will ensure that our characters have the range needed in their setup to allow for the animation team to animate the game's characters. You will work closely with the character, animation and outsourcing departments to deliver hiqh quality deliverables. Research other possible methods to improve our rigging/skinning pipeline, like procedural setups, new tools, or new software. Because we are working on a live game, you will have to be ready for quick tweaks during production to fit the need of the project. Research and share information on best practices and industry standards.
- Experience rigging/skinning characters in Maya for games.
- Good knowledge of Maya and Python.
- Great organization and communication skills. You will work together and coordinate with several departments to bring characters to life.
- A dedication to improve pipelines and processes.
- Be willing to both give and receive feedback related to your work.
- Ability to provide feedback to outsourcing departments that are working with related tasks.
- Flexibility to handle frequent iterations.
- Programming/scripting experience with MEL, C#, C++.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with MotionBuilder.
- Previously released titles.
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.