Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! We are growing and opened a new studio in central London last Autumn. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure.
Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Design Team
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
What you will do
- Work with project leadership to define goals and delivery timeline for all combat-related content
- Identify any design resource you need to realize the design vision and then work with recruitment to bring those resources to the team
- Facilitate work across all disciplines to deliver a combat system that epitomizes the vision of the game
- Ensure that the quality and delivery targets for combat are being upheld by the wider team
- Conduct research across all streams of media to better deliver against the goals and vision of the project
- Regularly seek feedback from the wider team to aid you in honing the combat experience
- Drive the development of the tools and systems necessary to deliver combat to the highest possible quality
Who you are
- An expert in combat design who has shipped at least one high-profile title.
- A passionate gamer with a love for combat games.
- An experienced lead who will ensure design workload is delivered on time and to quality.
- You have demonstrable experience delivering features that rely on timing and feel.
- You have a strong understanding of combat systems in games across our industry.
- As a bonus, you are familiar with the constraints of implementing combat in an online game.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why in this role we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Taking ownership of the delivery of combat for a big-budget, online title.
- Identifying the support you need and ultimately building a team to provide it.
- Managing the junior members of your team to ensure quality and delivery goals are consistently met.
- Join us during the concept phase and play a key role in the team throughout the development cycle.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe slated for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more about Sharkmob and the perks of being a crew member here.