Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure.
Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Design Team
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and is responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests, and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
What you will do
- Work closely with the Design and Engineering team to help design, prototype, create and support systems within the game
- Work with Unreal Engine to implement and maintain blueprints and data for an ever-growing online game
- Regularly profile blueprints within the game to help with performance and data replication
- Seek feedback from the wider team regarding the systems that have been created and the pipelines that generate those systems
Who you are
- An experienced technical designer who has shipped at least one high-profile title
- A passionate gamer
- An individual with excellent rapid prototyping skills
- You have an excellent understanding of the unreal networking system
- As a bonus, you are familiar with other aspects of unreal such as animation, materials, VFX
- Confidence with the technical documentation of ideas, concepts, and designs
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be and that is why in this role we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- You will hone your mentoring, teaching, and management skills through the continuous improvement of the more junior members of the team.
- Identifying the support you need and ultimately helping to build a team to provide it
- Contribute to pioneering work on the new Unreal Engine and take advantage of opportunities to share your learnings with the wider team and the industry as a whole