Who we are
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles. The first being Bloodhunt, a battle royale twist on Vampire: The Masquerade. Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Environment Team
The Environment Team is a group working closely with all creative and technical aspects of the project. The goal is to draw players into our game worlds with a huge artistic impact. They have a passion for creating cutting-edge AAA environments that fully leverage what is possible with modern toolsets and hardware.
What you will do
- Create inspiring game environments that capture our player's imaginations.
- Collaborate with the tech teams to define and maintain environment content pipelines and work.
- Communicate between Sharkmob and outsourced environment artists working with us.
- Be proactive and work collaboratively with the extended team to drive our project forwards with exciting ideas.
- Continuously develop the skills of yourself and those around you.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop and maintain a consistent visual direction.
- Work closely with the production team to inform our project timelines.
Who you are
- Shipped at least one AAA game from end-to-end as Senior or Lead Environment Artist.
- Experience leading a team of environment artists.
- Proven environment art experience on current-gen platforms.
- Deep understanding of modern toolsets and techniques.
- Comfortable working with other disciplines to define environment content pipelines.
- Experience and comfort setting up and running outsourcing arrangements.
- A passion for problem-solving and driving innovation.
- Passionate in creating and playing games.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- How to lead and manage a diverse team of Environment Artists.
- How to create positive and effective working relationships with outsourcing studios and external artists.
- Continue to develop collaborative skills within a AAA game development team.
- Continue to improve your core artistic skills to ultimately become an even better artist!
- Using cutting-edge art production toolsets and techniques.