Who we are
Sharkmob is growing, both expanding in Malmö and building a new studio in Central London. We are on an epic journey, and we want you to join us!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles; the first being Bloodhunt, a battle royale twist on Vampire: The Masquerade.
Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people, and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Environment Team
The Environment Team is a group working closely with all creative and technical aspects of the project. The goal is to draw players into our game worlds with a huge artistic impact. They have a passion for creating cutting-edge AAA environments that fully leverage what is possible with modern toolsets and hardware.
What you will do
- Work with 3d modeling software, and unreal4 blueprints to create assets used for lighting.
- Work within Unreal Engine 4 and place lights in the game environments, catering to visuals, gameplay, and performance.
- Teaching the environment and level art teams on how to create good lighting for their scenes.
- Give, receive and address feedback on lighting in the game.
- Work closely with the Art director to achieve her/his vision.
- Plan your work and make time estimations.
Who you are
- You are good at problem-solving and driving innovation.
- Passionate about creating and playing games.
- Having a good understanding of color and light theory.
- Skilled at grading and post-process workflows.
- Understanding the technical issues and the process of performance increasing tasks.
- Knowledge of the main types of lighting within UE4, and when to use what type.
It's nice if you also have
- In-depth knowledge of UE4.
- Modeling skills because you might have to create your own assets
- Experience in creating game lighting, e.g. how to help the players with the light
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- How to create positive and effective working relationships both internal and external.
- Collaboration within a AAA game development team.
- Your core artistic skills to ultimately become an even better artist!
- Using cutting-edge art production toolsets and techniques.
Location of Role
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and is open to all applicants intending to relocate as soon as possible. Business travel may occur.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: The Bloodhunt set for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.