Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! We are growing and have opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure. Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming!
Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Design Team
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game's vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests, and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
What you will do
- Work with the project leadership team to define goals and delivery timelines for all design-related content.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to deliver design content that supports the vision of the game.
- Ensure AAA quality through regular reviews of design work with peers and the wider team.
- Problem solve any technical or creative issues that arise with the game’s design.
- Proactively work with the recruitment team to identify any resources you need and then bring those resources to the team.
- Provide line management to the design team, ensuring 1-on-1’s take place, performance reviews are held, and design team meetings are run regularly.
Who you are
- You are highly experienced in game design and have shipped at least one high-profile title.
- A passionate gamer, preferably with a love for online games.
- An experienced lead who will ensure design workload is delivered on time and to quality.
- You have a demonstrable experience of delivering high-quality features and content in your previous work.
- A team member who can develop productive, lasting relationships across all disciplines.
- Motivated, flexible and approachable. You will champion quality across the team.
- An individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why in this role we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Taking ownership of the delivery and all design content from the London studio for a big-budget, online title.
- Identifying the support you need and ultimately building a team to provide it.
- Play a key role in a AAA team through pre-production and production.
- Gain experience in managing the player experience for a live title, once it’s shipped.
- Manage junior members of your team to ensure delivery goals are consistently met.
Please make sure your application is in English as it is our official company language.
This is a permanent position based in London, UK and is open to all applications intending to relocate as soon as possible.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe slated for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more about Sharkmob and the perks of being a crew member here.