As a Senior QA, you are challenged with helping to plan and test new features and content. Leading by example, you will help to direct and mentor junior and mid-level QAs as we grow the department.
The QA Team
We are looking to build the next evolution of Quality Assurance teams. We believe QA is an essential part of development and should be involved at every step of the process. The studio is working on two new proprietary IP's and your work and input will have an essential part in shaping what they will become. We collaborate closely with Engineering, Art, and Design to help bring to life world-class interactive experiences. This role is a fantastic opportunity to be one of the founding members of our new studio’s department in London.
What you will do
- Work closely with other disciplines during all phases of the project to help create new and exciting game experiences.
- Own the quality of your features. Seek to clarify, plan and document decisions to provide context to your team members.
- Collaborate with design to help create acceptance criteria and fully understand the intention and scope of incoming features.
- Log exceedingly good bug reports, whilst also ensuring the quality of the bugs the team produces meet your example.
- Write and manage test suites that can be run efficiently by yourself and other members of the team.
- Help manage the day-to-day tasks of our External QA teams and facilitate smooth information transfer.
- Collate change lists of major updates to help facilitate studio-wide playtests of new features and content.
- Create reporting that accurately displays feature status, demonstrating risk using data.
Who you are
- You have shipped 2-3 titles or worked on a AAA title in a QA role or similar.
- You have excellent computer literacy with a strong typing ability.
- Able to investigate issues to find the root cause, and you don’t rely on logging branching symptoms for the numbers, but look to find the root cause.
- You understand the importance of halo testing, especially regarding monolithic software architecture and the potential for knock-ons.
- You are personable and confident enough to have a conversation with almost anyone.
- You have a real passion for online games and understand the concepts that can make them a challenge to test.
How you will grow
As a Senior QA, there are several ways in which you can develop your skill sets and career here at Sharkmob. The important thing is you keep growing!
- Continue to upgrade your Leadership skills and qualities to allow you to take ownership of an entire project
- Learn about automated integration testing and how to better leverage this technology to augment your test teams with planning and analysis.
- Train to become a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) should you have an aptitude for programming you want to further enhance