Sharkmob is looking for a Senior Character Artist with a passion for creating highly detailed 3D characters for AAA games. We’re looking for someone who can join us and take on the responsibility of leadership. This role offers great creative freedom, ownership and the time needed to create the quality we strive for.
While we do strive for quality we also equally value you and everyone on our team. We find that keeping a healthy work-life balance as well as a collaborative environment to be important. Your input matters, not only when it comes to characters but also the game and Sharkmob as a studio.
- Creating high quality 3D character models for AAA Production
- Ensuring the visual excellence of the characters in the finished game
- Critique character art assets and provide concise and constructive feedback internally and externally
- Work closely with the team and ensure the art supports the gameplay
- Participating in planning and supervising
- At least 4 years of experience as a Character artist and one shipped title.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, proportions, functionality and design
- Strong proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Experience leading and guiding other team members
- Understands the needs of animation for proper geometry creation and function
- Able to receive and give constructive feedback
- Ensure consistency and quality of work
- Understands latest game technology and pipelines required for creating AAA quality characters
- Experience with AAA Production.
- An understanding and experience of Unreal Engine. Understanding of Unreal’s node-based shader networks is a big plus.
- Experience with outsourcing pipelines
- Ability to propagate learned knowledge to other art team members
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt, the battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe just released; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member here. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.