Sharkmob is growing, both expanding in Malmö and building a new studio in Central London. We are on an epic journey, and we want you to join us!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles; the first being Bloodhunt, a battle royale twist on Vampire: The Masquerade.
Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people, and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Art Team
The Lighting Team works closely with all creative and technical aspects of the project. The goal is to draw players into our game worlds with immersive lighting that enhances the gameplay and artistic vision. They have a passion for creating cutting-edge AAA experiences that fully leverage what is possible with modern toolsets and hardware.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop and maintain consistent visual direction.
- Be proactive and work collaboratively with the wider team to drive our project forwards with exciting ideas.
- Work within the Unreal Engine and other 3D packages to create immersive lighting that enhance the visuals, gameplay, and performance.
- Work closely with the production team to inform our project timelines.
- Shipped at least one AAA game from end-to-end as a Lighting Artist.
- Proven lighting experience on current-gen platforms.
- Deep understanding of modern toolsets and techniques.
- Comfortable working with other disciplines to define lighting pipelines.
- Having a solid understanding of colour and light theory.
- Skilled at grading and post-process workflows.
- Understanding the technical issues and the process of performance increasing tasks.
- Knowledge of the types of lighting within Unreal, and how to use them.
- You are skilled at problem solving and enjoy driving innovation forwards.
- Passionate about creating and playing games.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- How to create positive and effective working relationships both internal and external.
- Collaboration within a AAA game development team.
- Your core artistic skills to ultimately become an even better artist!
- Using cutting-edge art production toolsets and techniques.
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games, we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, £2,500 logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (up to £2,000 to spend on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).