Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which is a new IP that will be developed in London. Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our engineering team
The Engineering Team is a multi-disciplinary group working across all things technology, we collaborate closely with Design, Narrative and Art to bring to life world-class interactive experiences. We are passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence and push the boundaries of what is possible with new and innovative solutions.
What you will do
- Plan and develop engine features that will allow our Engineering, Content and Design teams to achieve more.
- Contribute to the Sharkmob technology stack to empower our game teams to develop the next generation of online games.
- Develop solutions to technical problems, provide insights on performance, memory, scalability and robustness.
- Help develop and improve the development process across the engineering group.
- Continue to develop your engineering skills.
Who you are
- You have shipped a game in a tech role or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with C/C++.
- You are passionate about high-level architecture and low-level code.
- You care about writing lean and performant code.
- You have a good understanding of modern game engines, their architecture and their capabilities.
- You have a good understanding of computer science fundamentals and mathematics.
- You are a great communicator that loves to collaborate within your team and across disciplines.
What you will learn
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That’s why in this role, we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Driving project-wide impact through high-quality software ownership and delivery.
- Working and developing software using cutting-edge engine technology (Unreal Engine 5).
- Applying the latest programming techniques and processes.
- Collaborating effectively within a AAA game development team.