In the role of Outsourcing Artist your main goal will be to help maintain a high level of quality for external asset production, as well as to support in the maintenance of a healthy backlog of work for outsourcing partners to work on. You will belong to the our Outsourcing Team but work closely together with our Character Art team as well as external partners.
"Working in this role will give you the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of character production for AAA games, and to develop a great eye for assessing art quality. On top of that, you will work with talented teams of artists both at Sharkmob and at several of our great suppliers." - Eduardo do Amaral, Outsourcing Lead
You will be a key part of the journey to increase our external production and improve how we work with our art outsourcing partners, primarily focusing on Character Art. Our ways of working are flexible and we need to quickly adapt to project needs, so you will also have the chance to work with various supporting tasks such as producing your own concepts for assets to be produced externally.
Key elements of the role:
- Reviewing assets submitted by outsourcing partners according to documented guidelines and with guidance from our experienced character artists
- Maintaining backlog of assets by preparing order briefs and ensuring briefs and instructions are followed
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for all collaborations and workflows together with Outsourcing Team
- Maya or equivalent experience with 3D art production
- Attention to detail
- Good sense of art quality
- Friendly and eager to learn
That little extra:
- Asset skinning experience
You don't need to be a gamer to join us, but we consider it a bonus (and hopefully, you do too!).
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more about Sharkmob and the perks of being a crew member here.