We would like to welcome someone who shares our passion for building games, someone who would help us achieve these high-quality standards and have fun while doing so. At Sharkmob, we focus on delivering entertaining gaming experiences to our players and we believe quality is a very important aspect in making great games. Working as a quality analyst at Sharkmob is not just about finding and reporting bugs, but also about inspiring the people around us, and whenever possible, preventing major issues from happening through proactiveness and excellent communication.
We are looking for someone organized and meticulous, who can prioritize and work with competing demands and requests. It’s a plus if you’re a gamer, and even better if you enjoy the creative process integral to creating a new game and IP.
The QA Team
We believe QA is an essential part of the development of our games and should be involved at every step of the process. The studio is working on two new proprietary IP's and your work and input will have an essential part in shaping what they will become. We collaborate closely with Engineering, Art, and Design to help bring to life world-class interactive experiences.
- Prepare test plans, write QA tasks, and organize test cases.
- Report, review and prioritize bugs, create Jira dashboards displaying relevant information for every team or feature you will be supporting in this role.
- Perform hands-on testing and gain advanced knowledge over features and areas that you will have ownership of from a QA perspective.
- Follow up with thorough regression testing on bugs reported in your areas and investigate issues with complex reproduction steps.
- Coordinate testing efforts with our external Functionality QA teams.
- Assist with planning and logistics for internal and external user experience playtests.
- Provide qualitative feedback, engage with stakeholders, and prioritize our efforts to verify the game quality where it matters the most.
- Be proactive in the areas you are responsible for, drive methodology and good practices within QA and with stakeholders.
- Write daily or weekly reports that include relevant data highlighting testing and quality.
- Demonstrable experience with testing, 2-4 years working with quality control, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Previous employment in the gaming industry is a big plus.
- Familiarity with network and connectivity testing, preferably with experience working on multiplayer or coop games.
- Proficient with defect tracking and planning tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Xray Jira plug-in, TestRail or similar.
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills, capable of summarizing complex subjects to technical and non-technical team representatives.
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies.
- Familiar with game engines or development tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio or similar. Experience working in Unreal Engine is a big plus.
- Understanding of live game development cycles.
Please consider writing a cover letter, as we would like to hear about what drives and motivates you in applying for this opening.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more about Sharkmob and the perks of being a crew member here.