If you enjoy working with a broad spectrum of financial tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment - look no further. The role as a Financial Controller presents a great opportunity for you to develop and affect change within a growing company and take the next step in your career!
We are looking for someone who is self-reliant and service-minded. Since you would be the first member of our finance department in London, you like to take ownership of your work and support your colleagues.
You will be located in London but will be part of our finance team located in Malmö, Sweden. The team consists of a finance controller, finance manager, business analyst, legal counsel and our CFO. You will report to our finance manager in the Malmö office.
- Ownership of the day-to-day finance function
- Tax work including VAT & PAYE
- Assist with statutory reporting
- Implement controls and processes and apply best practice
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecast
- Liaise with auditors/ HMRC/ advisors
- Assist the different departments in the organization
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in the UK
- Experience in working with Oracle’s NetSuite
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and payroll process essential
- Proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Work experience from IFRS is a plus
- Experience in the games industry or software companies
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe currently in Early Access; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more about Sharkmob and the perks of being a crew member here.