Do you want to build and lead our new tech team?
Sharkmob is working on an unannounced AAA, open-world, 3rd person multiplayer shooter built on a custom version of Unreal Engine 5. This game is still early in development, and you will join us in an exciting and influential phase. Our tech team will tackle engine customization, performance profiling and optimization, memory management, streaming, rendering, console platform support, etc. If this sounds like “all the fun stuff,” and you want to continue growing both technical and leadership skills in a supportive environment, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
You will be mentoring and driving the development of your team, working closely with the other lead programmers and technical directors. Collaboration and helping each other is the most essential part of our culture and the way we work. We are a team with big ambitions that value smart decisions, creativity, and passion for the craft.
What makes Sharkmob a great place to work?
"Our studio is large enough to do groundbreaking work, while small enough to keep things simple and allow us to focus on what we want to be doing -- making games."
- Niklas Westberg, Technical Director.
- You have shipped a game in a senior or lead tech role or similar
- At least 4 years of professional experience working independently in C++
- Enjoys developing architecture and systems supporting the game
- You lead by example and bring out the best in the people around you
- You are solution-minded and always bring a positive attitude
- A true collaborative spirit that ensures smooth and efficient communication between disciplines
That little extra:
- Experience in console development
- Experience in render programming
- Experience in developing a AAA game
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience in making tools to support development
- Experience with open-world games
Who we are:
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.