Sharkmob is looking for a Senior Technical Artist!
Are you that bridge betwixt code and art? Are you fluent in ones and zeros and can translate that to “designerspeak”? Do you have that creative spark that allows you to create tools that save countless artists’ lives (or maybe save them a few seconds every time they click on that one button)? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
You will work closely with artists, designers, programmers, and many other disciplines in this role. Like a spider sitting in their web, you will be connected to everything and everyone. You will sit together with an Art Director, telling them what they can and cannot do with regards to technical implementations. And when they tell you that they really want it anyway, you’ll be the one to conduct RnD and see if we actually can do it, even though reason tells you we should not.
We’ll stick a magnifying glass in your hand and tell you that you’re now Sherlock Holmes because you’ll be tracking down performance issues like a master detective. Guiding and mentoring other tech artist as well as the art department will become your second nature. But you must also be strict because they will test you and try to sneak in poorly optimized asset, and it is up to you how you choose to help them.
If that wasn’t enough, you’ll get six weeks of paid vacation and you get to work on a game with vampires. After all that, we know what you are thinking... “When can I sign?” Woah, slow down there, reach out to us and we’ll schedule an interview to see if we can match that fantastic energy of yours.
- Experience with mentoring other technical artists. You will provide feedback to other technical artists on how to grow and improve their processes as we advance. You will also enable and support them by making sure that they have everything they need to solve their tasks.
- Shipped at least one previous AAA title.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be working closely with your team and with other departments.
- Strong problem-solving and prototyping abilities. You will face tasks and requests that are not clearly defined and work together with other departments to figure out what you can achieve and how best to achieve it.
- A true team player since a large part of our job is solving problems for others, and you need to be able to support artists/designers with their work.
All the best!
/Sharkmob Tech Art Team