Do you have a passion for leadership, quality and games? We’re looking for someone to lead our tech team for our new game Bloodhunt!
The Tech team is responsible for maintaining and improving the most fundamental part of a game, the game engine, as well as the various tools used by artists at Sharkmob. As a manager, your role is to create and foster an environment that enables the team to improve and become even better, both as a team and as individuals. To excel in this position, you should be organized, sociable and willing to take the initiative. As a manager, you will guide and inspire the team to reach their goals and be a role model for our core values.
In your daily work, you will be responsible for creating project roadmaps, sprint planning, retrospectives and day-to-day team management in an agile development environment. The tools of the trade will be Jira, Slack, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other project management, reporting, and tracking tools. Key to this position is managing people and ensuring that their day-to-day work runs as smoothly as possible. You will have HR responsibility for the team and be involved in recruitment and staffing.
This position is similar to a Scrum Master in that your role is to help the team focus on the important parts.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience with personnel responsibility.
- Project management experience – in the tech/software development industry.
- Experience in negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution in complex project setups.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge in agile methodologies.
That Little Extra:
- While this position does not require experience in the gaming industry, it is of course highly valued.
- Having an engineering or technical background will be useful to understand the discussions, and the problems, the team can run into.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.