At Sharkmob we use tools to improve our pipelines and procedures, cutting down work from 40 minutes to three seconds.
As our new Tools Programmer, your job will be to help your colleagues make better games through automation. You will build tools that help artists and designers get their art and ideas into the game as quickly and effortlessly as possible. You will join our Bloodhunt team and continue to expand the game as we are moving into a live phase.
What does a tools programmer at Sharkmob do?
We work on a wide variety of tools, like extending Unreal Engine to improve workflows, reduce risks and the human factor to maintain out high level of quality. - Johan Bernhardsson, Associate Technical Director.
If this sounds exciting and you fulfill the below requirements - you could be the sharkster for us!
- Professional experience in tools development.
- Comfortable working independently in C++.
- Experience in one additional language (example python, C#).
- Game industry experience.
- Enjoy automating workflows.
- A true collaborative spirit - making sure communication works efficiently between disciplines.
That little extra:
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Knowledge of graphical asset pipelines.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.