We are creating a whole new IP, and we are looking for YOU - a world-class world director!
Sharkmob is working on an unannounced AAA, open-world, 3rd person multiplayer shooter built on a custom version of Unreal Engine 5. This game is still early in development, and you will join us in an exciting and pivotal phase.
You will be in charge of worldbuilding and creating the vision of the world based on the creative vision for the game. It will be up to you to ensure the high quality, richness, and logic of the setting. In this role, you will work closely with other directors and the team. We want an enthusiastic leader that can take initiative and share their knowledge of and passion in making engaging and entertaining games. You will be part of a highly experienced crew with decades of experience making AAA games.
This is an onsite position for Malmö/Sweden.
- Maintaining the world vision and logic of the world
- The layout of the world including landmarks and biomes
- Keeping track of metrics
- World guidelines
- Coordinate with the director's group
- Validate work
- Experience with creating and communicating design direction and inspiring developers to realize the creative vision.
- Shipped at least one multiplayer game on console and PC as world director, lead level designer, or lead environment art.
- Experience in iterative work with level design and environment art.
- Knowledge of design documentation.
- Good communication skills.
- A Passion for games.
Good to have
- Experience in user testing
- Experience in data-driven development using telemetrics
- Experience of Unreal Engine
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.