As an environment artist, you will be working hands-on with the game world, seeing it grow in front of your hands and eyes. Perhaps one day, you will be populating a riverside with beautiful rocks, the next crafting a story of what happened in a forgotten back alley behind a theatre.
At Sharkmob we believe in a creative workflow - making sure that everyone contributes to the final look and feel of the world. It is a team effort! As an environment artist, you will work with Art and Narrative to create believable 3D environments.
Your responsibility will be building gameplay spaces with a focus on environmental storytelling together with Level Designers. Collaborate with the Tech and Prop Art teams to push visuals to new heights using cutting-edge UE tech.
- A relevant portfolio.
- You have been involved in shipping at least one AAA game.
- 3+ years of experience within Level Art/Set Dressing, using game engines.
- A deep understanding of art fundamentals such as form, proportion, and color theory.
- Interest in mentoring junior team members.
- Proficiency in modeling/texturing software, great knowledge of PBR, and content optimization.
- A comprehensive understanding of game content creation workflows, including different modeling and propping techniques.
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience with outsourcing
- Knowledge of UE4, shaders, and Blueprints
- Experience with lighting in game engines
- Understanding of architecture and design fundamentals
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.