Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Founded by a core team of industry veterans, and part of the Sharkmob and Tencent family of studios, we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build games that will change the world.
Our London studio is in the early stages of making a brand new, action-packed, online, AAA game using Unreal 5 and we need a Tools Programmer to help us build tools that improve pipelines and processes to help us deliver on our vision. Working as part of our Engineering team, a multidisciplinary group working across all things technology, you’ll be reporting to our Technical Director and collaborating closely with Design, Narrative & Art to bring a world-class interactive experience to life. You will be supported by passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence and push the boundaries of what’s possible with new technologies & innovative solutions.
- Work across disciplines to gather requirements in order to develop and maintain tools and pipelines.
- Identify areas of friction and formulate plans and technical designs to deliver effective, reliable, robust and scalable tools & pipelines.
- Help improve the development process across the team.
- Continue to develop your engineering skills by applying the latest programming techniques and processes.
- Proven track record as a tools programmer or similar on a shipped game.
- Good knowledge of C/C++ and software architectural skills.
- You understand the value of a great user experience and have excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate about reducing friction and improving processes via tools and automation.
- A good understanding of modern game engines, their architecture and capabilities.
- A good understanding of computer science fundamentals and mathematics.
- An effective communicator who loves to work independently as well as collaborate with other teams.