Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Founded by a core team of industry veterans, and part of the Sharkmob and Tencent family of studios, we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build games that will change the world.
Our London studio is in the early stages of making a brand new, action-packed, online, AAA game using Unreal 5, and we need an Animation Programmer to make sure we can deliver on our vision of a world-class animation system. Working as part of our Engineering team, a multidisciplinary group working across all things technology, you’ll be reporting to our Technical Director and collaborating closely with Design, Narrative and Art to bring a world-class interactive experience to life. You will be supported by passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence and push the boundaries of what’s possible with new technologies and innovative solutions.
- Work closely with Animation, Design and Gameplay teams to understand project animation needs and requirements to drive project-wide impacts through high-quality software ownership & delivery.
- Create and implement technology and techniques that provide a world-class animation experience, developing software using cutting-edge engine technology (Unreal Engine 5).
- Collaborate with gameplay to develop solutions to animation problems, effectively communicating insights on fidelity, performance, scalability and robustness.
- Help improve the development process across the engineering group.
- Continue to develop your engineering skills.
- Proven track record as an animation programmer or similar on a shipped game.
- Good knowledge of C/C++ and software architectural skills.
- Experience developing or working with animation blend graphs, real-time IK and animation compression.
- Passionate about writing lean, performant code.
- A good understanding of animation pipelines in modern game engines, their architecture and capabilities.
- A good understanding of computer science fundamentals and 3D mathematics.
- An effective communicator who loves to work independently as well as collaborate with other teams.