Sharkmob London are creating a brand-new, online game from scratch. Our studio was founded on the pillars of having fun, taking ownership, collaborating and making smart decisions. We’re looking for people who have a positive attitude, are passionate & value professionalism. The London studio is growing fast & you’ll be joining at an exciting time, where it’s possible to have a real impact on how we build the foundations of our network programming.
Our London studio is in the early stages of making a brand new, action-packed, online AAA game using Unreal 5. We need a Senior Network Programmer to ensure we have the optimum technologies, techniques, and solutions to deliver on our vision of our real-time multiplayer experience. Working as part of our Engineering team, a multidisciplinary group working across all things technology, you’ll be reporting to our Technical Director and collaborating closely with Design, Narrative and Art to bring a world-class interactive experience to life. You’ll be supported by passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence and push the boundaries of what’s possible with new technologies & innovative solutions.
- Take ownership of choosing real-time multiplayer network technologies and techniques.
- Research and implement innovative & optimal improvements to the current Unreal Engine network stack to help drive a large-scale multiplayer environment.
- Collaborate with the game teams to develop solutions to multiplayer problems, effectively communicating insights on performance, scalability, security and robustness.
- Contribute to the Sharkmob technology stack to empower our game teams to develop the next generation of online games.
- Help improve the development process across the engineering group.
- Continue to develop your engineering skills.
- Proven track record as a network programmer or similar for a multiplayer game that has shipped.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ and software architectural skills.
- An in-depth understanding of game networking models their advantages and disadvantages.
- An advanced knowledge of server architecture and networking protocols used for real-time online multiplayer games.
- Passionate about writing lean, performant and secure code.
- A good understanding of modern game engines, their architecture and their capabilities.
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals and mathematics.
- An effective communicator who loves to collaborate with your own & other teams.