Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a unique opportunity to be part of a great adventure!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one being Bloodhunt, a battle royale twist to Vampire: The Masquerade.
Collaboration for us is key and working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Design team
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on delivering compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. The design team collaborates closely with all other disciplines to support features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
- Take ownership of parts of our game world and collaborate closely with all disciplines to deliver a great experience for our players.
- Work closely with the gameplay teams to define the metrics necessary for the low-level design of our world.
- Assist the tech team in enhancing the tools needed to meet the project's level and world design needs.
- Work alongside art and narrative leadership to design and deliver environments in line with the lore and visual goals.
- You have shipped at least one title in a level design role.
- A passionate gamer, preferably with a love for open-world and online games.
- A designer who can tell stories and support narrative through environmental storytelling.
- Experienced working in cross-discipline teams to deliver high-quality content.
- A team member who can develop productive, lasting relationships across all disciplines.
- You are motivated, flexible, approachable, and will champion quality across the team.
- An individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why in this role, we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Taking ownership of the delivery of significant parts of our world and level design content for a big-budget, online title.
- Enhancing the world and level design over time, post-release, based on the feedback of our playing community.
- Playing a key role in a AAA team through proof of concept, pre-production and production.
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games, we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, £2,500 logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (up to £2,000 to spend on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).