Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! We are growing and have opened a new studio in central London, which will be moving into its permanent offices at 80 Strand this Spring. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure. Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming!
Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players and crew. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
Reporting to the IT manager, our new IT System Administrator will be responsible for maintaining, implementing, and developing IT infrastructure solutions. This will be done in collaboration with the wider IT team and key stakeholders. We are looking for a technical problem-solver with a wide area of expertise across Windows, Linux, and Mac within a fast-growing company. We believe in empowering our team to thrive by creating a work environment and processes that allow for ownership and freedom to define best-in-class IT solutions.
- Install, configure and maintain server infrastructure, preferably in a 365/Azure on-prem hybrid solution
- Setup and manage GPOs and Intune Policies
- Manage our IAM environment in Okta, implement and maintain workflows, add SSO applications, etc.
- Setup and manage devices and profiles in Intune endpoint manager, Windows, Macs, iOS, and Android
- Maintain our backup solution, Veeam
- Setup and maintain patch management rules and schedule
- Create and update documentation using a wiki (Confluence)
- Set up and manage our VM infrastructure hosts Nutanix, VMware, and Hyper-V
- You have 2-3+ years of experience as an IT System Administrator
- You are a passionate, service-oriented team player with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with information on hand
- Great understanding of Windows operating systems
- Great knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, PowerShell, AD, Microsoft 365, IAM)
- Good understanding of internal networks (routing, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Good knowledge of IT security and best practices
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, £2,500 logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (up to £2,000 to spend on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).