Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure.
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt and two brand new IPs. This role is for one of our proprietary projects being led by Sharkmob's London studio. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Design Team
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule
- Work with senior designers to deliver best in class game features in support of the game’s vision
- Prototype game features during early development to find the fun
- Evangelise the quality targets for game features to the wider team
- Conduct research across all streams of media to better deliver against the goals and vision of the player experience for our project
- Regularly seek feedback from the wider team to aid you in honing the player experience
- An experienced game designer who has shipped at least one title in a design role
- A passionate gamer with a love for online games
- An analytical individual, capable of deconstructing market leading features and understanding what makes them stand out
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- A strong team player, capable of bringing multiple disciplines together to deliver great features and content for our players
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.
Remuneration and benefits
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy (3 days in the office, 2 days at home).
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (up to 5% matched contribution from Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly wellness allowance to spend on i.e gym membership etc
- Flexible working ours. Our core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, work mobile (iOS/Android)
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents)
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, reasonable logistics/removal costs reimbursed)
- Game sharing profits - 10% of profits of each released game will be distributed amongst each employee who worked on the game.