Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure.
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt and two brand new IPs. This role is for one of our proprietary projects being led by Sharkmob's London studio.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer who wants to have fun at work, share ownership, and is confident in making smart decisions. Someone responsible who has a positive attitude, is passionate, and values professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
OUR DESIGN TEAM
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
- Work with project leadership to deliver best in class game features in support of the game’s vision
- Prototype game features during early development to find the fun
- Evangelise the quality targets for game features to the wider team
- Conduct research across all streams of media to better deliver against the goals and vision of the player experience for our project
- Regularly seek feedback from the wider team to aid you in honing the player experience
- Assist in the development of the tools and systems necessary to deliver game features to the highest possible quality
- An experienced game designer who has shipped at least one title in a senior design role
- A passionate gamer with a love for online games
- An individual with experience in rapid prototyping
- Experience leading a cross-discipline team in the delivery of high-quality features and content
- A team player capable of mentoring more junior members of the team
- An analytical individual, capable of deconstructing market-leading features and understanding what makes them stand out.
How you will grow:
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be and that is why in this role we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Taking ownership of marquee features and content for a big-budget, online title
- Work closely with an experienced leadership team to accelerate your understanding of developing a new IP
- Join us during the concept phase and play a key role in the team throughout the development cycle
- Take on managerial responsibility or become a subject matter expert for the more junior members of the team
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.
Remuneration and benefits
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy (3 days in the office, 2 days at home).
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (up to 5% matched contribution from Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy
- £425 yearly wellness allowance to spend on i.e gym membership etc
- Flexible working ours. Our Core studio hours are 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, work mobile (iOS/Android)
- Visa sponsorship (individual & dependents)
- Relocation assistance for new hires moving from outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, reasonable logistics/removal costs reimbursed)
- Game sharing profits - 10% of profits of each released game will be distributed amongst each employee who worked on the game.