Sharkmob is looking for a Game Designer to join us at our studio in Malmö, Sweden. In this role, you will design, own, and iterate on features in our upcoming unannounced 3rd person shooter game.
We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism. The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
At Sharkmob, we value teamwork, trust, motivation, and setting colleagues up for success, all of which are key to making great games and creating a healthy work environment. We strive to empower developers, and there will be plenty of opportunities to make your mark and impact the way we work.
- Shared ownership of the game 3C and combat-related features such as camera, traversal, weapons, and game feel.
- Designing and balancing second-to-second gameplay to make sure the experience is fun, fair, and rewarding.
- Make sure the combat system works well together with other game loops.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to deliver finalized features.
- Ensure productive playtesting, fix reported bugs, and secure Director validation.
- Work with the design team to iterate on features, take the initiative to implement improvements, and feedback on all aspects of the game.
You as a candidate
Ideally, you have lots of experience with designing and balancing different combat systems for 3rd person games. You are good at communicating and collaborating with directors, other designers, and developers from various disciplines. You like to find creative solutions and don’t mind thinking big and ambitious while keeping a focus on the production realities. You have a firm grasp of both hard and soft values involved in making the player experience as fun as possible.
Quality and a focus on detail come naturally to you, and you know how to motivate and explain your designs and ideas. Feedback is core to your work, and you are good at both giving, receiving, and acting upon it.
- 3+ years of experience as a game designer.
- Experience with combat or 3C design for 3rd-person action games.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Experience with working on game features from idea to design, implementation, and balancing.
- Good grasp of what makes games fun and enjoyable.
- An ability to think both creatively and logically with strong attention to detail.
That little extra
- Previous employment as a Senior Game Designer.
- Experience on a AAA multiplayer project in a game design role.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 5.
- Developed at least one game from conception to launch and supported them during their live period.
- Experience working with player data to improve game content.
- Designed combat for games featuring a mix of melee and ranged weapons.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop.
- Continue to develop collaborative skills within a AAA game development team.
- Improve your understanding of player-centric development. Putting the player at the center of your feature and content decisions.
- Increase your familiarity with the Unreal Engine and Games-as-a-Service.
- Get acquainted with a design pathway that will help you to improve and help you to mentor other members of the team
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.