As Lead Animator you will help build and develop our growing internal animation team to deliver AAA quality gameplay animations for our project. You'll work with the Art Director and Art Manager to create animation styles, plan work, organise mocap shoots and identify and implement solutions to increase the animation quality. You will also work closely with the both the Game Design team and Gameplay Engineering team to improve the player experience and further develop our animation systems.
- Manage and develop the animation team to deliver the best AAA animations possible.
- Alongside the Production team and Art Manager plan and organise the teams work, raising and track risks and mitigations where appropriate.
- Regularly communicate with the Art Director and Art Manager to discuss progress and review animation work.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to understand their animation requirements and propose and implement solutions to these.
- Proactive in identifying and resolving issues, communicating this to the relevant stakeholders.
- Proven track record in leading teams and delivering AAA gameplay animations.
- Detailed understanding of modern toolsets and techniques.
- Enjoy working with other disciplines to define animation content and pipelines.
- A love for problem solving and driving innovation.
- A passion for creating and playing games.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.
Remuneration and benefits
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy (3 days in the office, 2 days at home).
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (up to 5% matched contribution from Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly wellness allowance to spend on i.e gym membership etc
- Flexible working ours. Our Core studio hours are 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, work mobile (iOS/Android)
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents)
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, reasonable logistics/removal costs reimbursed)
- Game sharing profits - 10% of profits of each released game will be distributed amongst each employee who worked on the game.