As our company is growing with new projects, our legal department needs to expand as well! If you are ready for the next step in your career and find the games industry a thrilling space to be in - Join the (Shark)mob!
Today our legal department consists of our one and only General Counsel, so we are looking to grow the team by 100%. As our new Junior Legal Counsel you will be assisting in a variety of matters, everything from preparing documents and templates, to coordinating with stakeholders and supporting the organization in the best way possible and learn a lot about the computer games industry.
What is our General counsel up to on a daily basis?
"As a General counsel at Sharkmob, I sit close to all legal issues in the organization, be it new supplier contracts, marketing ventures or the legal compliance of specific game features. I appreciate that I employ my legal skills and knowledge to distinct issues and my advice has a real and direct effect on what business- and game development decisions are made." - Marcus Magnusson, General Counsel.
Draft, review and negotiate commercial and software agreements with business partners, vendors, and customers.
- Coordinate with global group legal teams.
- Provide legal advice and support the HR team with employment matters and contractor agreements.
- Support content development departments with IP law assessments.
- Support GDPR and other legal compliance processes.
- Support in-house legal projects.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience (post-internship) as a Legal Counsel preferably from a tech company or as a lawyer in a reputable law firm.
- Strong analytical, business, negotiation, and communication skills – Ability to absorb complex legal issues and communicate these issues in a simple and understandable manner.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- Master of laws or BA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships across the organization and the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong interest in video games/knowledge about the video games industry.
- Experience in tech-related commercial agreements and software licensing.
- Proficiency in Chinese.
- Experience with IP assessments.
- Experience with Data protection.
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.