Sharkmob are looking for a Production Director to take responsibility of and lead studio-wide production for delivery of a brand new AAA online game. You'll be empowering and developing cross-functional production teams whilst maintaining a collaborative, fun and supportive environment.
Reporting into the Managing Director of Sharkmob London and managing senior members of the production team, you'll be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, working alongside them within the games' projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of building and maintaining project schedules on large, ambitious, complex game projects, and driving an effective development culture that embraces creativity and getting things done.
Ultimate responsibility for game production and delivery.
- Drive development and delivery of the game, ensuring all objectives are met for key gates within budget & resources available.
- Responsible for the product roadmap, and working with the wider team to balance priorities in terms of scope, cost, time, risk and quality.
- Direct line-management responsibility over the production team, and other senior leaders within games’ projects as required.
- Maximize productivity of the project (from conception to post-production) by assessing the organization of the teams, their structure, their communication channels, their processes, their tools, and pro-actively driving for an optimal production organization.
- Set the conditions to empower the teams in terms of tools and KPI tracking, to help them make the right decisions at the right time.
- Oversee external development partnerships as required throughout the development of the game.
- Support Managing Director with studio-wide staffing, budgeting and project allocation.
- Shipped at least 1 high-profile AAA game project as a Production Director, Development Director, or a similar senior production role.
- Strong leadership skills, and confident managing other senior leaders and interfacing with peer-level Directors.
- Passionate about developing other studio leaders, managers and producers.
- Experience running production across multiple disciplines with a large (150+ person) development team.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining complex project schedules for large teams across all disciplines.
- Solid understanding of AAA game production process and methodology.
- Hands-on experience managing large outsourcing engagements across multiple vendors.
- Comfortable with JIRA or other similar project tracking software.
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization.
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, £2,500 logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Game sharing profits - 10% of profits for each released game will be distributed evenly amongst those who worked on the game.