Games are made up of many different features, and it takes a cross-disciplinary effort to bring them to life. Because of this, you will not work embedded within a team - instead, you will be responsible for tracking different features, from planning to the prototype phase, until they are finally ready for release.
This way of working means you will have to collaborate with people from different teams: Game Designers, Programmers, Level Designers… and even sometimes our marketing department with the logistics for different events. This will require you to keep an open mind and build excellent work relationships with other colleagues.
We are proud of the foundation we have laid with our QA team at Sharkmob, and are looking for someone to continue to build this even further. We work hard to provide our players with high-quality games, and we are fortunate to be part of an environment where taking ownership and having fun are key to success.
- Prepare creative testing scenarios and methodologies.
- Write test cases, organize QA tasks, and document testing processes and procedures.
- Coordinate testing with external FQA teams on the features you will oversee.
- Organize and prioritize bugs, and communicate efficiently to help production focus on the right issues at the right time.
- Proactively improve the test planning and our testing workflows on the project.
- Perform hands-on testing of your features in-game and report the issues you discover.
- Follow up with thorough regression testing on bugs reported in your areas.
- Ensure end-to-end testing goes uninterrupted, preparing and maintaining all the logistics required (hosting and maintaining internal servers, testing environments, etc.)
- Help with training, mentoring, and inspiring other members of the team.
- Collaborate with all the departments working on the project and inspire the people around you to always keep quality in mind when working on game features.
- Provide qualitative feedback on the state of the game and recommend potential solutions for areas that you are directly responsible for testing.
- Assisting with the planning and preparing internal and external user experience testing.
- Demonstrable testing experience, 4-6 years minimum, working as a QC/QA or a similar role.
- Experience with games and game engines, content & asset editors, software tools, and shared technologies.
- Previous experience with games as a service, or software as a service.
- Proficiency in defect tracking tools and planning such as JIRA; TestRail, or similar.
- Familiar with common development tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Strong ability to coordinate and prioritize between competing demands and requests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Having shipped at least one AAA game or a software project of similar magnitude.
- Ability to immediately recognize bugs, critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to the responsible stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships within the development team, support teams, and project management.
Although not a requirement, please consider writing a cover letter - we would like to hear more from you, including your motivation for applying for this role and why you believe you are a good fit.
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. Find out more about our great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.