One of our teams is building a brand new world and we need people to help fill it with engaging narrative. Are you game?
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which is a new IP that is being developed in Malmö. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism. The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Narrative Team
Our Narrative team currently consists of two lore-masters, one full time researcher and the IP Director. They are responsible for the world building and lore development for a brand new IP. Working closely with art, level design and game design they make sure that the world is delivered to our players through compelling environmental storytelling, world events, character development and dialogue, and other storytelling mediums. You will be reporting to the IP Director and provide hands on direction to the rest of the team.
- Direct the narrative effort and it’s implementation in the game.
- Work closely with other directors to develop the IP and turn it into a full fledged game.
- Act as an evangelist for our world and lore within the studio and to our external partners.
- Maintain world building and lore bibles for all aspects of the games IP.
- Get hands-on with script writing, editing, narrative design, voice recording and cinematics.
- Ensure the final, high quality delivery of all aspects of narrative into the game.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of our narrative team.
- You have experience working with narrative design and writing on open-world AAA games.
- You have a background of developing comprehensive and believable worlds that appeal to a broad range of audiences.
- You have proven capabilities as a writer, and an eye for delivery and timing.
- You are eager to explore the full potential of emergency, player-based storytelling in a multiplayer PvP setting
- You have experience with environmental and non-linear storytelling, and a desire to facilitate organic player stories.
- You have a keen awareness of pop culture, current entertainment trends and relevant topics.
- You have a passion and broad familiarity with science-fiction, post-apocalyptic settings a love for grounding things in authenticity – making it truly relatable.
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.