Sharkmob is growing rapidly, and we are recruiting exceptional people to our design team at our new London studio. You will be working closely with every design discipline, providing technical support and crafting the systems that form the heart of one of our new games. As a designer, you will be tasked with designing, prototyping, documenting, and supporting several key areas. You will be the designers' major point of contact and will work closely with the engineering team.
Our Design Team
You will be working with a multi-disciplinary group focused on delivering compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. Collaborating closely with other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the entire development lifecycle to ensure that high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
- Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to identify technical requirements.
- Using Unreal Engine, create tools to assist in the rapid development and iteration of content, coming up with innovative solutions to problems, smoothing the path from idea to mechanic.
- Implement and maintain blueprints and data for an ever-growing online game.
- Provide documentation for tools and support the design team, owning several systems and serving as a point of contact.
- Be passionate and proactive about giving the team the ability to create AAA content.
- Shipped at least one title in a design role
- Experience using Unreal Engine to create tools and content
- Passionate about creating AAA games
- Confident with communicating cross-discipline
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience working on at least one multiplayer title in a design role
- C++/C# experience a plus
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.
Remuneration and benefits
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy (3 days in the office, 2 days at home).
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (up to 5% matched contribution from Sharkmob).
- BUPA Private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy
- £425 yearly wellness allowance to spend on i.e gym membership etc
- Flexible working hours. Our Core studio hours are 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle-to-work scheme, work mobile (iOS/Android)
- Visa sponsorship (individual & dependents)
- Relocation assistance for new hires moving from outside the UK (1-month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, reasonable logistics/removal costs reimbursed)
- Game sharing profits - 10% of profits of each released game will be distributed amongst each employee who worked on the game.