Join the exciting world of games! We have an opening for a skilled programmer to join our second (very secret) game.
We are looking for a person to join our online team who wants to have fun at work, share ownership, and make a significant impact on our work. We value collaboration skills and making smart decisions while still having the support of the team if things don't go as planned.
You will be part of a team of highly skilled engineers working together to realize critical features such as; matchmaking, game server instancing, player data persistency and social features like groups and presence. The team continuously works on their long-term goals, which are:
- Excellent development tools and environments
- Smart, simple and scalable solutions
- Lean and fast development with as much automation as possible
- Modular and isolated systems to ease improvements and enhancement
Your work will cover a broad spectrum, from the frontend in Unreal Engine to backend services in C# and infrastructure in Google Cloud. Your daily tasks will include design, scoping, planning, implementation, debugging, and ultimately delivering robust, secure and scalable solutions for our players.
- Experience with C++ and/or C#
- Engineering degree within computer science, or equivalent
- Experienced with databases and database design with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experienced with network and server programming
- Experienced with cloud providers such as Google Cloud, AWS or Azure, and knowledges such as Kubernetes
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Experience with game development and working with first parties
- Experience with live services
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.