Sharkmob London is a new AAA studio in the heart of London working on two ambitious & completely new online multiplayer projects. Our studio was founded on the pillars of having fun, taking ownership, collaborating and making smart decisions. We’re looking for people who have a positive attitude, are passionate & value professionalism. The London studio is growing fast & you’ll be joining at an exciting time, where it’s possible to have a real impact on how we build the foundations of our HR function.
This is a newly created role in a brand-new team! Our fledging London HR team is ready to take shape – we are fully funded and owned by Tencent and are ready to scale up with a focus on creating the best culture and People practice.
Partnering closely with our HR team, the HR Coordinator will be “the glue” for the team, getting involved in all aspects of our HR processes and employee lifecycle in a busy and varied role. Every day will be different and the “things to do list” will be varied so this suits someone who is organised, proactive, flexible and detail focussed with the opportunity to make an immediate, meaningful impact on our studio with the goal of making Sharkmob London a top studio to work in the UK.
So if you want something fresh and fun in an environment with room for development in a growing team that genuinely cares about its people and you are passionate about getting involved all areas of our People function and culture in an ambitious, fully funded, talent-first scale-up environment then look no further.
You'll be joining a tighknit HR Team in London comprising of the HR Director and two TA Partners. The London office is currently around 60 people, growing to about 90 by the end of the year. The HR Team in Malmo comprises of our HR Director, Manager, Business Partner, Talent Acquisition Team & Office Manager. The teams are responsible for their respective studios but work in a closely aligned & collaboartive way.
- Full ownership of our HR admin processes and employee lifecycle including employee onboarding, changes and offboarding.
- Monthly coordination of our outsourced payroll service through starters, leavers and changes.
- Systems admin and reporting.
- Talent support in areas such as candidate travel bookings and relocation.
- Data integrity owner across our various systems and processes.
- First point of contact for HR team queries representing our pillars of having fun, taking ownership, collaborating and making smart decisions.
- Previous experience working in at HR Assistant level
- Technically proficient with intermediate Excel skills and HR system knowledge as a minimum
- CIPD qualified or working towards this
- High attention to detail with a strong ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Proactive, enthusiastic and willing to learn and develop
- Flexible attitude and willingness to get stuck into new things in a start-up environment
- Experience with payroll input and benefits knowledge.
- Experience with systems, automation and implementing process efficiencies.
- Previous experience with relocating successful hires and assisting with visa applications.
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- An interest in gaming or pop culture
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, £2,500 logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people reloccating within the UK (up to £2,000 to spend on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).
- Game sharing profits - 10% of profits for each released game will be distributed evenly amongst those who worked on the game.