Sharkmob London is a new AAA studio in the heart of London working on two ambitious & completely new online multiplayer projects. Our studio was founded on the pillars of having fun, taking ownership, collaborating and making smart decisions. We’re looking for people who have a positive attitude, are passionate & value professionalism. The London studio is growing fast & you’ll be joining at an exciting time, where it’s possible to have a real impact on how we build the foundations of our Audio Programming.
Sharkmob are working on a brand new, AAA project and are looking for a passionate, experienced & knowledgeable Audio Programmer to work closely with other programmers in developing and maintaining an adaptive audio tech pipeline and tools. Reporting to Sharkmob's Technical Director & working closely with the Audio Team to design, prototype, implement and maintain audio features for game projects.
- Develop and maintain the adaptive audio tech pipeline and tools.
- Work closely with the audio team members to design, prototype, implement and maintain audio features for game projects.
- Complete advanced audio content implementation tasks by utilising audio middleware, tools or programming.
- Author documentation and communicate best practices and technical constraints of the audio systems and tools to other teams.
- Identify and Fix audio bugs and issues in game projects.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Give and seek constructive feedback and suggestions from others.
- Inspire teamwork and collaboration inside and outside the audio team.
- You have shipped a title as an audio programmer or similar.
- Experience integrating and maintaining Audio Middleware in Game Engines.
- Good knowledge of C/C++ and software architectural skills.
- Strong understanding of overall audio content creation and workflow.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing procedures.
- Analytical mindset: you are capable of pinpointing bottlenecks in performance and workflows.
- Good time-management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Highly value and prioritise working as a team, over individualistic goals, or desires.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience in Unreal Blueprints.
- Experience with Wwise Event Based packaging.
- AAA experience.
- Took part in 1 or more full AAA development cycles.
- Advanced knowledge of Wwise Audio Middleware.
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, £2,500 logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people reloccating within the UK (up to £2,000 to spend on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).